Kerala Roadways (P) Ltd, popularly known across India as KRS, was established
by Mr VK Moidoo in the year 1962 as a one stop logistics solutions provider for
the South Indian region.
Today, five decades later, KRS consistently ranks among the top five logistics companies in India. Covering the length and breadth of the country, KRS serves its clientele through an extensive pan-India network of 400 offices, serving more than 1000 locations through a dedicated workforce of over 3,500 employees. Suffice to say, there is no place in India that is not a truck-length away for the KRS team !
By the time it takes to complete reading this sentence, a KRS personnel would have transported and delivered close to a tonne of goods somewhere in India Ė thatís an average of 7,500 tonnes of cargo daily ! With a fleet of 1,500 trucks, both contracted and owned, KRSís infrastructure is unparalleled.
- 500 destinations across India, out of which 190 are in Kerala
- First Computerized Private Sector transport company in India
- On an average, one KRS branch is present at every 10 km stretch of the National Highway (NH) in Kerala
- Work force of over 3500 people
- 4500 tons of cargo handling on daily basis
- Fleet of about 1200 trucks
- Computerized freight management system monitoring operations
- Approved by the Indian Bank Association
- Strong clientele including Wipro, Godrej, Philips, Tata Motors, HUL, Dabur, Pidilite Industries etc.
- Addition of 3 million sq ft. of warehousing space in coming 3-5 years